23 STORIES X CONDE NAST, New York / HGTV/ DISCOVERY, INC FKA SCRIPPS NETWORKS INTERACTIVE / 2018
The idea behind the HGTV Lodge is to entertain country music fans with performances in an exclusive, intimate, and beautiful setting. More than 6,000 fans enjoyed performances by 24 artists at the HGTV Lodge over four days and all of the artists held meet and greets inside the Lodge after their performances, with more than 1,000 fans participating. The Lodge turned into a gathering place of a different nature -- full of emotion, talent, and music -- representing the essence of Nashville itself.
The creative idea behind the design of the 3,500 square foot Lodge is to construct an intimate performance space where meaningful connections are made. The Lodge is completely air-conditioned and features special designer details. This aesthetic was achieved with details such as built-in bookshelves with fresh flowers, greenery inside and out, metallic accents pieces, and lived-in elements like worn books and family photos.
For four days every June in Nashville, TN, country music fans are treated to 20+ intimate performances and meet and greets inside the HGTV Lodge at CMA Fest. The gorgeous venue - a 3,500 square ft. lodge featuring an air-conditioned, 900 square ft. VIP mezzanine lounge, is a one-of-a-kind country music experience.
The 2017 activation had the most impressive lineup of superstars yet, with performances by award-winning artists such as Maren Morris, Keith Urban, Old Dominion, and Darius Rucker, among others. The HGTV Lodge was inspired by the sophisticated, rustic decor loved by HGTV viewers and aligned with the architectural style of its home in downtown Nashville.
This aesthetic was achieved with details like built-in bookshelves with fresh flowers, greenery inside and out, metallic accents pieces, and lived-in elements like worn books and family photos. These details were designed to drive further awareness and interest in HGTV programming and talent.
Attendance & Artist Performances
• 6,056 fans enjoyed performances by 24 artists at the HGTV Lodge over four days.
Meet and Greets
• All 24 artists held meet and greets with fans inside the Lodge after their performances. More than 1,000 fans participated.
• HGTV partnered with Keith Urban, Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood, Maren Morris and Darius Rucker to execute radio promotions in multiple markets to support the HGTV Lodge experience.
• The promotion included HGTV, artist and CMA Music Festival messaging and culminated with grand prize trips to Nashville for winners. The promotions were executed on country radio stations across the country and on social media.
• The promotion was executed on approximately 40 stations.
• Total estimated number of spots: 2,800
• Estimated media value: $964,000+
ABC Primetime Special Footage
• Integrated the HGTV Lodge into ABC’s primetime CMA Fest special reaching 5.74 million viewers