HAVAS MEDIA, London / BEATS BY DRE / 2017
The campaign’s success would be built upon Beats’ strong, long-term relationship with Sky Sports, not only allowing the brand to feed its product and brand into Sky’s coverage but also giving it unprecedented access to Sky’s production teams, enabling us to shoot and use raw real-time footage.
This content could be built into exclusive branded content and paid media placements around each event: the pre-fight press conference, the weigh-in, the media workout and fight night.
Beats Media House became the beating heart that would give life to the tie-up — a cross-agency newsroom to be built around the four key events building up to Joshua’s clash with Klitschko, feeding content to Sky and vice versa.
A team made up of brand and agency creatives and strategists, PR executives and digital specialists would generate anticipatory and reactive Joshua content before, during and after the fight.
As anticipation mounted during ‘fight week’, Beats’ TV ad starring Joshua aired across contextually relevant Sky programmes, including documentary ‘The Gloves Are Off’. Product placement within documentaries meant Beats was present across all broadcast touch points.
Sky was invited to Beats’ film shoots, giving the broadcaster access to talent. Much of this content was integrated into Sky’s own, for instance with Beats-branded footage being played as Joshua walked out to the ring on the night itself.
Beats had access to Sky’s camera crew, allowing the brand to feed real-time Sky-credited content into its own, while a co-branded Facebook livestream from Joshua’s locker room built further engagement.
Beats also secured the Sky Box Office turbo break between the ring walk and first bell.
As well as visually, integration worked sonically too, with Beats’ campaign anthem, The White Stripes’ ‘Seven Nation Army’ was used during Sky broadcasts, and played at the arena.
- Beats pummelled Joshua’s own sponsors dominating SOV by owning 65% of all views and 83% of all engagement across fight week and fight night.
- +400k people tuned in to the Beats @SkySports BTS live stream on FB, which saw 98% positive sentiment.
- +24.4m views & 890k engagements across all AJ ‘Be Heard’ content
- Our ‘Back to Beats’ celebration video is one of the top engaged videos on #JoshuaKlitschko and the most engaged BBD Twitter video of the campaign with 3.1m views, 86k engagements and +4k retweets
- Brand mentions peaked during fight night with +1.5k mentions on TW - more than any other sponsor and more than @skysportsboxing
- Shares of Beats content by Sky Sports and SPORTbible social accounts delivered an additional audience size of 1.5M social media followers, contributing to +£30k in earned media value.
- Sales up 18% WOW during fight week
2020, HORNBACH BAUMARKT
R/GA, Los angeles
2015, BEATS BY DRE