HAVAS PERU, Lima / LIGA CONTRA EL CANCER / 2022
Breast cancer is one of the deathliest types of cancer that affects women in Peru. In 2020 alone, this disease took the lives of 1,800 women. However, due to the lack of resources, most of the preventive campaigns launched by non-profit organizations are lost, and only reach a few.
That's why, we needed to launch a campaign that no one could ignore with the minimum budget.
With the help of the National Police of Peru, the Liga Contra el Cáncer launched this campaign as news that no media could ignore: the capture of the biggest murderer of women in Peru. So, when we got everyone's attention (press and public), the Peruvian National Police revealed the killer: BREAST CANCER.
In that way, we encouraged women to capture it too with a breast cancer preventive test.
- Breast Cancer kills 1800 peruvian women in one year
- Knowing that femicide is sensitive and important subject in the country, in collaboration with the National Police of Peru, we spread a real important news: A woman police captured the biggest women's murderer in Perú.
Capture the biggest killer of women in the country: Capture Cancer.
- Peruvian Women aged 18 and over
- Due to the lack of resources most of the preventive campaigns launched by NGO's only reach a few women. So, we tooked advantage of the reach that the National Police of Peru has and in collaboration with them, we spreaded our message as real news on the most important TV news: A police sub officer captured the biggest women murderer of Peru: breast cancer, inviting other women to do it too.
- A live broadcast on the most important live TV news.
- 5th October
- Peruvian TV news.
- By taking advantage of the female audience of the 5 main morning TV news in the country, the preventive checkups increased in 240%
- US$ 210,000 in free publicity.
- + 131% brand sentiment.
- The campaign with the greatest reach in brand's history.
- 240% increase in checkups, thousands of women who captured cancer in time.
WUNDERMAN THOMPSON, Lima
2019, LIGA CONTRA EL CANCER
LEO BURNETT COLOMBIA, Bogota
2015, LIGA CONTRA EL CANCER
THINK FACTORY, Bangkok
2012, THE WILD ANIMAL RESCUE FOUNDATION OF THAILAND (WARF)