OMD UK, London / MCDONALD'S / 2014
• So we had an idea: use mobile to bring a fantastic summer music experience direct to all McFlurry limited edition customers.
• We collaborated with the UK’s biggest music channels to create the McFlurry Music Mix Up - an exclusive series of music TV shows.
• We broadcast the content across the 4Music and Bauer Music channels.
• And we made the limited edition McFlurry paper cup a media platform of its own - offering additional, access-all-areas mobile content for customers.
• Scanning the QR code printed on the side opened up a whole world of incredible mixed up music content.
• And the chance to win tickets to the shows themselves, which featured live performances, celebrity guests and interviews with star acts.
• All you needed was a mobile to get involved.
• The McFlurry Music Mix Up was a red hot success.
• 98% of our target audience saw our campaign.
• There were an impressive 57,000 unique cup scans.
• 171,000 portal page views.
• Over 65% of McFlurry cup scans resulted in competition entries.
• Limited edition Galaxy and Flake flavour sales were up an amazing 17% year-on-year.
• And the campaign Return On Investment was an estimated £8.3!.
• The McFlurry had melted the hearts of our target audience once more.