HAVAS SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT, Bogota / SAB MILLER / 2016
Friendship in Colombia is full of variety, and no matter how different friends are, Poker unites them to spend time in their own way. One of the most powerful things is to realize the stereotypes that exist in terms of friendship. Everybody has a lazy friend who never works, a friend who criticizes the boy/girlfriend of your friend, a friend who doesn’t have luck with ladies, or a friend who covers up their lies.
To tell these stories we produced a web series that brings to life the friendship of our consumers, and decided to make a sitcom, engaging with humor and everyday stories.
We wrote eight, five-minute episodes with Colombian movie director Carlos Moreno to be released weekly.
Initial production to finishing the edit took just six months, costing no more than a high level commercial (US$150.000). For the launch, a press conference held by Poker invited social media influencers and presented the talent, director and crew. This generated a free press product, together with a campaign equivalent to 15% of a normal brand campaign. This helped the media embrace the story and the actors promoted the series through their own social media.
An Entre Panas Facebook page increased credibility and allowed characters to become “real” online. Poker’s YouTube channel became Entre Panas, building a community and strengthening the brand´s channel performance.
The investment behind each episode ensured reach and interaction at an effective cost with the benefit of being able to target precise audiences. (The average cost per view was 1 cent).
- More than 11 million views for episodes and teasers; no web series in Colombia had reached this number of views. 1.2 million views on average per episode, 150% vs initial target.
- Entre Panas reached 29% of total consumers and 32% of young consumers with longer content than a TV ad. The reach on TV would have been 32 % with a 30 second piece with the same investment.
- On average in Colombia, only 1% of the views from brand generated videos are organic, however, for Entre Panas, 21% of the views are organic.
- 70% of people that started watching organically watched whole episodes.
- Each episode got more than 500 comments on average, 98% of them were positive.
- $70,000 USD worth of free press was generated.