OGILVY & MATHER, Brussels / EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT / 2014
In view of the European Elections 2014, the European Parliament turned to us to create more awareness on them as a people's institution and to bring them closer to the citizens. With this movie we wanted to show Europeans that the EP is aware of all the issues surrounding Europeans in this time of crises. That in harsh times people need to speak up and that every opinion gets a fair chance. That the EP doesn't want to wave away the problems and just talk standard elections talk but that they DO care.
We started teasing through announcements on the European Parliament’s channels and on the artist’s social networks, using pictures from his trip to Paris.
Media were invited to an exclusive preview of the installations and to meet the artist. Traditional and online media were informed (press release and outreach) to generate coverage ahead of the conference. Slinkachu shared pictures on his own channels...
Postcards and posters using photos of the installations and the headline “Why is is so hard to find a job?” with a link to the live-streaming were distributed in universities and other locations. We reached out to 98 bloggers. We contacted 578 journalists, and did a personal follow-up with 119 of them. We used Facebook to post attractive visual content for the promotion and to drive conversations. We used Twitter to spread the word and the hashtag and to relay real time information before and during the conference....
In 1 week
- more than 125 posts appeared on social media and blogs in France and beyond
- The hashtag #reactparis has been used 1,223 times, by 340 different users
- We reached 2 million Twitter users
- and 20 million users on Facebook (9 million in France, 11 million worldwide
- 10% increase of the number of fans on the Paris EPIO Facebook page
- 28% increase of followers on the EPIO Twitter feed
- More than 6,000 hits were recorded on the ReACTParis web page.
During the conference 1#ReACTParis became trending topic, TOP4 Paris and TOP7 France.
DEMNER, MERLICEK & BERGMANN, Vienna
2022, AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL
2019, EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT
OGILVY & MATHER, Brussels
2014, EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT
ATELIER BRÜCKNER, Stuttgart
2012, EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT