THE MONKEYS, PART OF ACCENTURE INTERACTIVE, Melbourne / GRILL'D / 2021
Grill'd is Australia's healthy alternative to fast food burgers, with 126 stores nationwide.
We wanted younger Aussies to choose a better made Grill'd burger, over rubbish fast food like McDonalds and KFC.
At the time, the upcoming US Election was getting a huge amount of coverage in Australia. And most Aussies hate Trump
So we took Trump's own photos from his social feeds, and used them against our competitors.
With a very small budget, we reached millions of Aussies, earning national broadcast coverage in the process.
Most Aussies reckon Donald Trump is a piece of shit...and as the old saying goes, 'you are what you eat'.
Aussie burger chain Grill'd - who make healthy, natural, ethically sourced burgers - showed Aussies that the most hated man in the world LOVED the products our competitors made, making local and international news in the process.
We took photos directly from Trump's Twitter and Instagram feeds of him smashing some of his fave foods, and used them to highlight how Grill'd provide a better alternative.
Grill'd's target audience are younger Aussies who are looking for a better, healthier alternative to traditional fast foods.
- Colourised photographs from Trump's Twitter and Instagram.
- Grill'd's hand-drawn feel as background, matching their handmade burgers.
- Rock Posters feel right for the underdog/challenger brand.
- Major poster rollout in Capital Cities, complimented by press, radio and social.
- Trump'd highlighted Grill'd's position as a challenger brand, firmly positioning them against their much larger competitors.
- Highlighted how Grill'd is a better way to burger.
- Was covered in National Press and Broadcast, as well as being shared (and sometimes attacked on social media).
- Sales continue to trend upwards for Grill'd
- This was an un-briefed, proactive campaign.